Azur Lane(EN) In-Depth Equipment Guide Series: Index Page

2020/01/01 revamp: All existing guide pages are in the process of being revamped. More hidden stats and mechanics will be added and discussed. More importantly, this will also add the new equipments introduced between now and the last update (which was months ago).


2019/06/29 update: Equipments from French event and core data updates added.
2019/04/13 update: Research equipments added to the guides.
2019/02/22 update: Equipments from EN's Winter Crown event were added to the guides.
2019/02/16 update: Equipments from EN's core data shop added.
2018/12/13 update: Equipments from EN's Divergent Chessboard event were added to the guides.
2018/10/26 update: Equipments from EN's Fallen Wings event were added to the guides.
2018/09/30 update: Equipments from EN's Visitors Dyed in Red event were added to the guides.


Last year I wrote an equipment guide for Azur Lane: http://himeuta.org/showthread.php?11450-Quick-and-Dirty-Equipment-Guide
It received some attention when the EN version launched. Because EN progress is different from CN and JP and that the game has changed since the time I wrote the guide, the info in it are not always applicable/up to date.
After reader requests I decided to do a "remake" of the old guide. This time with up to date mechanics and only including equipments available in the EN version as of now.
Instead of it being "quick and dirty", this time I will make it more in depth and will explain game mechanics along the way. Hope you enjoy it
I am breaking down equipments by type and each type receives its separate page. For easy navigation, see the index below.

What you can expect from these in-depth guides:

1. Every single equipment will be discussed but I will only be discussing T3 and T0 versions. If you do not know the rationale for this please click here. Bad equipments at lower rarities will be covered as well. Even if people might not ever use them, the discussion and analyses might be useful to those who are interested.
2. I will mention the strengths and weaknesses of every equipment, but I will NOT list every single ship that the equipment is "good" for. What I hope you learn from reading this guide series is that equipment setup is very context/goal-dependent. It highly depends on what you are trying to achieve. Besides, it is impossible for me to have a definitive list of ships that "should" use each equipment. If you need specific advice, hop on the group discord and ask me. You need to mention me and state your purpose before using discord server features.
3. I will only discuss equipments currently available on EN. Hopefully as more contents get added on EN I will come back to update this.
4. For ease of navigation, I'm listing the equipments from most used/useful to least used/useful. However, it only shows the GENERAL trend. Just because something is listed on top of another doesn't mean that one is better than the other by exactly one rank. Often times the top 1-3 or even 1-4 equipments are all good in their own ways and are overall equal in strengths. Please remember this.
5. This guide is primarily meant for PvE. PvP equipment choices follow different rationales because the goals are different. I will briefly mention PvP in some parts of the guides but because I personally haven't ranked #1 in any PvP seasons I do not feel qualified to make comments about PvP equipments. Maybe some day I will get someone else in my group to write one.
6. Stats mentioned in the discussions are max enhanced(+10 for purples and golds, +6 for blues) unless stated otherwise.
7. Method of obtaining each equipment are listed at the end of each discussion.




皇国ノ興廃此ノ一戦ニ在リ、各員一層奮励努力セヨ

Popular posts from this blog

Azur Lane Dorm Guide

Azur Lane(EN) In-Depth Equipment Guide Series: Auxiliaries